Sunday, February 22, 2015

War Horse

Part I:
I really really liked War Horse. I thought the overall story was so touching and it really showed the powerful impact an animal can have on a human. I thought it was very interesting and difficult to see the treatment of horses doing war. It's definitely something that I had never really been aware of until this movie, and the true statistics were so shocking. I think it was awful how they treated the horses, and put them through such difficult labor and situations where they were almost guaranteed to die. The part where they were going to kill Joey when he was badly hurt from the wires was also something difficult to see, because he could have been nursed back to health. But I thought the way they portrayed the relationship between Joey and Albert made the movie so amazing. I loved the part where Albert was able to save Joey's life because his horse recognized the sound that Albert trained him with, and also the part where Joey is being sold off, and runs right back to Albert. I truly thought that portrayed the human animal relationship so well, and it was such a touching story to see.

No comments: