Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Apollo 13

Part I:  I thought this movie was very interesting to watch. I have some background on different space missions that occurred but I really did not know much about this one. I thought this movie was very good and kept me on the edge of my seat because of all of the problems that occurred. It is truly amazing that these men were able to survive despite all of the problems that occurred, and this movie gives a great depiction of what actually happened. I liked how the movie portrayed the emotions of everyone involved, including the 3 men's families. Despite how bad it looked for these guys, the main character Jim never gave up hope and his persistence on getting him and the 2 other men back home. He kept the men going throughout the film, and probably saved their lives by convincing them not to give up. Ultimately, when the men were about to reenter the atmosphere and fell into the ocean everyone was filled with joy. I really liked this movie because it was a true, scary story, yet it showed how strong these men were and how amazing it was that they were able to make it back home.

Part II: If i had to choose a theme for this movie, I would choose hope and never giving up. These 3 men were in space, and the worst thing happened to them that they could imagine. The issues they had with their spacecraft were so bad, that it was very unlikely they would be able to make it back alive. Nethertheless, the main character Jim never gave up hope, and he put this into the other 2 men. This quality is what led the men to work had and ultimately make it back home. They easily could've given up, but they didn't and I think this movie shows that no matter how hard something can become, there is always hope for better times. These men were in the worst circumstance possible, yet with hope and bravery they were able to overcome it and make it back home.

No comments: